Wednesday 23 March 2016

WHAT IS POETRY FOR?

Some years ago I gave a lecture with the same title that caused great excitement because poetry is the poor sister of Literature and who like seem ashamed as if they were outcasts who are committing a crime or lesser extent an illegal act.
Poetry is a question of love, vocation and survival. I love poetry because it allows me to express my feelings freely without any restrictions. It is my vocation since I was a child and started writing my first poetic scrawl seven years. And it is a form of survival because more than once poetry has saved my life in serious moments of anxiety and depression.
I could not live without poetry. I need to cast out all that is within me rots before it becomes a malignant cancer be tempted to kill me. I need to sweeten my daily life and all manifestations of pain that occur in it. The need to beat every day as a person and be your best with my peers and myself.
Juan Ramon Jimenez seeking pure poetry that was his forever. I also look for in poetry the best of me and the best of it to cause a perfect symbiosis that allows the survival of my own being and sense of every word you put on paper.
He asked him to intelligence that would give the exact name of things. I look at the words twinning with the same existence. It is a form of poetic existentialism that allows everything that makes sense not lose it at any time and ask the intelligence that gives me the ability to create beauty with words for readers to join the above outlined symbiosis and form a homogeneous mass explode in a bunch of anonymous beauties us to produce the greatest possible pleasure.
He fought all his life from Modernism to the naked poetry with all his strength to be found in a state of literary ecstasy with the words and find the greatest possible pleasure. He was never ashamed of this careful and painstaking task and not let himself be overcome in no time, not even when his wife died Zenobia Camprubí. Without poetry Juan Ramon had probably died a week later of his wife, but found in the poetic word enough to continue living sense, survival to which I alluded poetry stops antes.La death, becomes immortal life make us in survivors with the ultimate goal of creating beauty with morphemes and phrases.
I wake up every day thinking about what the next poem I write, that is, the new reason to keep going in this vale of Christian tears just become a valley of such because each poem is a reason to climb existence into a world where everything beautiful is permitted. Poetry is a moral condition to justify life itself is an ethical attitude before all the events we do, it is our consciousness of all lived in the dark room that is our life now.
Poetry is not a reason to die or to justify death as it might seem reading Becquer. "Lonely, sad and dumb had gotten that cemetery. Its inhabitants do not speak. How happy are the dead. " I do not think the dead are happy and do not think that happiness resides in the desire to die. For that there is poetry. To die no. But it serves to express our desire to die if that is what we most impact on our life and gives meaning to our actions in this world.
Poetry is a way of showing love and make it visible to the beloved. That's poems are appropriate for leave to light all the positive feelings we have and that otherwise would remain within us as soldiers who go to war loneliness roads. Poetry combat this loneliness and makes the poetic literary poet in a person always accompanied by the words and the infinite beauty that are capable of transmitting. It is impossible to feel alone having to poetry as a partner in the daily life subsist.
Poetry accompanies coffee time, lunch, dinner, when we make love at all times. I love poetry because it helps me to live, to be a better person, to better understand the feelings of others, ultimately, the whole of life and death understood as second life, not as absolute and exterminating death.
Read poetry if you want to feel love, vocation and survival. Love to survive, the vocation of living and the need to be always alive to never catch us unclean death. Poetry is useful for all this and more. Read a book of poetry and experience all the qualities that I have developed in this article and have more will to live and will see around a much more positive way. So be it.

Jose Cuadrado Morales

No comments:

Post a Comment