Monday 14 March 2016

STIGMA IN FIRST PERSON


 I was born and raised in two different locations. In the first he was just a child, without any problems or concerns. Then my family moved to another town, where I got excited and full awareness that grow and relate there with me the whole neighborhood. Years passed and became the biggest obstacle I've faced in life, the emergence and diagnosis of my mental illness, center of all failures and future pain.

It all started by a depression, as they start many mental illnesses, depression horse, in which all cared about shit. I was six months isolated from the world and not wanting to go outside, not wanting to talk to my family, who suffered more than I Unfortunately, because I got to forget it and forget me as they saw as my depression was transformed phobia for the street and own strange people and I stopped talking at once, I did not mind eating or grooming.
The end result was an adult broken out at the time of puberty, fat by inactivity, clumsy, white from lack of sunlight.
Let's break down the social relationships that would face me, knowing that I took me six months stuck in a hole.

1-.Mis friends all youth.
When they heard about my illness, I excluded automatically, never told me for the weekend, were reluctant to be saddled with "a wimp tontaina". Excluded from the group.

2-.mis fellow students.
I had problems with peers from the beginning, because they knew from one another what had happened, I got sideways like a vague and clumsy repeater. I excluded from such a vile way that I did not want to go back there for anything else.

3-.The neighbors, acquaintances or strangers.
The neighborhood found out about my illness, the news spread like wildfire, we talked about it at the bakery, at the shop and was the talk of the playgrounds. a stir in the neighborhood that not only hurt me was formed, also he did not hurt my family. Now not only I had to treat depression, but headache, because he liked to talk about the evils of another good issue I had. Excluded again and my family in danger of exclusion, was to have disgust.

4 -.Las new friendships isolated from all of the above.
At that time, advised by my experts, I started some courses that interested me, it was a way to start again and interacting with ordinary people. But the problem is created to introduce myself as mentally ill after a few days. His way of relating to me changed, accept me as a companion but let me aside after class, he was again excluded.
Unfortunately people missing information and if they discover that someone has a mental illness, the label appears, you consider a "pariah".
If 25% of the world population may have some form of psychological imbalance throughout his life, why so much rejection?
The conclusion to all this is that no longer count on me for anything. My friends no longer wanted anything with me, did as they were interested, but they passed. You should study in another center who did not know me that way nobody would mark me as "rare", "crazy". I would be hard to find a job.
In the district it would be almost impossible to find a girlfriend or friends. As for what to meet people in new circles, never utter the words "I am mentally ill" because chafaría everything.
Time passed, I learned gradually to seem "normal guy" to frequent environments where nobody did not know me, where I could tell my new friends about the "mental illness" which is quite difficult. And after years of trying to look like a normal guy and rebuilding my past thousand ways to hide relapses a new opportunity arose for me. The opportunity to travel to the Antipodes became reality eleven years after the first outbreak, we moved to a new location. I did everything that a normal person can do with friends and new neighbors, as one of the community and thus keep fighting.

FMK


No comments:

Post a Comment