Monday 28 March 2016

FOUR MOVIES THAT MARKED ME

We all have films that in one way or another make us feel reflected or with whom we have a special relationship. I think humans are like that. There are films that have marked the passing of a generation.
 Well, I have four current movies in which I feel reflected in them. They are "The Truman Show", "A Beautiful Mind," "Matrix" and "living las vegas."'ll start to explain my idea with the latter.
In "living Vegas" Nicolas Keit teaches us how a man dies who is an alcoholic, choosing the path of non-stop drinking. I will explain. The alcoholic has two options, either stop drinking or die drinking. Well, the actor (I should say the manager but I do not remember) teaches us this face of the disease. I'm an alcoholic, and I dread to think that one day I can choose this option in the way of my life. Here's why this film has marked me.
In "A Beautiful Mind", I see myself as a person with paranoid schizophrenia may develop a life with "normal" and achieve goals even higher. I settle to live an ordinary life, I do not aspire to a nobel prize, much less, this is the reward received by John Nash after discovering an economic behavior (I do not say that because I do not know).
In "The Truman Show" is something a bit special. Truman lives since birth in a world in which all references and whatever happens, even their fears (fighting his fear of crossing the sea) are programmed to expect a stimulus from it and is being watched by a television channel . Here's my disease. This behavior does not define the totality of how I live, but about much.
In "matrix" is the height of the disease which makes me identify with her. When Neo give the pill you have to take to get out of the system that has created the machines. As I say this thinking is highly delusional because there are times I wish I, for my illness, especially schizophrenia and, as we are, alcoholism, could take a pill that offered me an unknown and awakening. (I do not know if he would take the pill value but think they can offer it is a treat).
Well, for these reasons I keep a special relationship with the movies I have quoted. The conclusion I said earlier above. There are films that make up a generational stage, there is the magic of cinema. These four, so far four have marked me especially since I saw them.
I'll keep watching movies.

Pedro.



No comments:

Post a Comment